Somerset County Scouts are proud to announce….
Inspire Somerset (2020 Vision)
A day for all adults Scouting in Somerset
Three years ago, our county conference, ‘Inspire Somerset’, helped us to re-ignite and shape the way forward for Scouting in Somerset. We were enthused to renew our commitment to working together as a county – bringing the values of Scouting to even more young people through our quality programme. Thanks to our amazing, dedicated volunteers, we are now looking forward to a fourth consecutive year of growth.
Collectively, we are making Scouting in Somerset bigger, stronger and have even greater impact in the communities in which we operate.
In March 2020, all adults in Somerset Scouting are invited to attend a day of presentations, workshops, ideas, information and discussion.
Special guest speakers will aim to inspire us and we will be welcoming…
SAM MORRIS (Deputy Chief Commissioner for England) as our keynote speaker.
The day will include a wide range of topics for discussion, information, insight and inspiration, which will include –
- Safety for Managers & Leaders (Stuart Carter, National Safety in Scouting Co-ordinator)
- Effective working with Explorer Scout Young Leaders in groups
- Mission Possible (our new YL initiative)
- Programme ideas
- Regional Services Team support for groups (recruitment & new sections)
- Media and website development
- Digital Programme Tools (UK Programme Support Team)
- Group governance
- Getting to grips with Safeguarding, DBS & Vetting
- County training news and updates
- International opportunities
- Appointments forum
- Explorer Scout provision and programme
- The Adult Awards system – recent developments and changes
- Media training ‘from scratch’
- Breakout time for districts
- Training validation clinic
- Programme development workshop
- Top ideas exchange
- Open forum questions and answers
- ……and MORE!
Sunday 15th March 2020
9.00am to 4.30pm (includes lunch)
We hope that many of you will also be able to stay for the County Adult Awards Reception (with refreshments), which will conclude by 6.00pm. I look forward to thanking and recognising those who have been particularly acknowledged this year for their contributions.
The detailed programme for the day will be available here soon.
Places are free of charge and the venue will be:
8, Cary Court,
Somerton Business Park,
Somerset, TA11 6SB
There is plenty of parking at the venue, but do fill up your car or minibus with Scouting colleagues!
I very much look forward to having the opportunity to meet you in March.